Research is providing new insight into why a restricted diet can lead to a longer lifespan and reduced incidence of age-related diseases for a wide variety of animals. Scientists have known for some time that a restricted diet can extend the lifespan of certain animals but this work shows how it affects aging mechanisms - and significantly has also shown that the effects occur even if the restricted diet is adopted later in life.
- Insight into why low calorie diet can extend lifespan -- even if adopted later in lifeFri, 16 Jul 2010, 0:38:46 EDT
- How calorie-restricted diets fight obesity and extend life spanWed, 9 Dec 2009, 14:45:25 EST
- 'Anti-Atkins' low protein diet extends lifespan in fliesThu, 1 Oct 2009, 12:54:22 EDT
- Researchers note differences between people and animals on calorie restrictionWed, 24 Sep 2008, 15:42:51 EDT
- Perhaps a longer lifespan, certainly a longer 'health span'Thu, 15 Apr 2010, 15:11:35 EDT