Thursday, May 6, 2010 - 12:06 in Physics & Chemistry
Devices that can mimic Superman's X-ray vision and see through clothing, walls or human flesh are the stuff of comic book fantasy, but a group of scientists has taken a step toward making such futuristic devices a reality.
- New 'metamaterial' device may lead to see-through cameras and scannersThu, 6 May 2010, 13:40:34 EDT
- Team develops new metamaterial deviceTue, 24 Feb 2009, 12:07:55 EST
- First self-powered device with wireless data transmissionWed, 15 Jun 2011, 16:40:12 EDT
- UF engineering researcher: Cell phones could double as night vision devicesTue, 4 May 2010, 12:22:03 EDT
- New metamaterials that bend light backwards bring invisibility cloaks 1 step closerMon, 11 Aug 2008, 9:35:33 EDT