Mycobacterium tuberculosis possesses extraordinary survival ability by masking itself from the host immune system and persisting for decades inside the host. Recent research provides further insight into how the bacterium causes tuberculosis by fine-tuning its behavior in response to its surroundings to escape detection.
- Small molecules have big impact for TB bacteriaWed, 31 Mar 2010, 20:15:56 EDT
- IU research team discovers TB disease mechanism and molecule to block itMon, 15 Feb 2010, 15:40:29 EST
- Study helps explain how pathogenic E. coli bacterium causes illnessMon, 14 Mar 2011, 10:52:23 EDT
- Study finds possible 'persistence' switch for tuberculosisFri, 17 Sep 2010, 12:16:47 EDT
- Coenzyme rare to bacteria critical to Mycobacterium tuberculosis survivalMon, 23 Mar 2009, 17:51:39 EDT