Two hundred years ago, archaeologists used the Rosetta Stone to understand the ancient Egyptian scrolls. Now, a team of scientists has discovered the beginnings of a neural Rosetta Stone. By combining brain imaging and machine learning techniques, neuroscientists and computer scientists determined how the brain arranges noun representations. Understanding how the brain codes nouns is important for treating psychiatric and neurological illnesses.
- Carnegie Mellon scientists crack brain's codes for noun meaningsTue, 12 Jan 2010, 22:31:30 EST
- Nouns and verbs are learned in different parts of the brainThu, 25 Feb 2010, 10:24:39 EST
- MIT neuroscientists find neural stopwatch in the brainMon, 19 Oct 2009, 16:36:33 EDT
- Led by Dartmouth's James Haxby, neuroscientists unlock shared brain codesThu, 20 Oct 2011, 15:34:16 EDT
- Scientists find how neural activity spurs blood flow in the brainThu, 26 Jun 2008, 11:29:46 EDT