While an estimated 2.3 million people in the United States take part in clinical trials every year, there currently exists no formal requirement to inform them of study results, an oversight that leaves participants confused, frustrated, and, in some cases, lacking information that may be important to their health. Now researchers have proposed an effective approach to disseminate the results of clinical trials to study volunteers.
- Breaking the silence after a study endsMon, 8 Dec 2008, 17:45:16 EST
- Study reveals security weaknesses in file-sharing methods used in clinical trialsWed, 16 Feb 2011, 12:08:17 EST
- New study confirms the existence of 'trial effect' in HIV clinical trialsWed, 13 Jul 2011, 19:36:42 EDT
- Clinical trial participants value personalized, accurate information about study resultsMon, 8 Dec 2008, 17:45:22 EST
- Many NIH-funded clinical trials go unpublished over 2 years after completionWed, 4 Jan 2012, 5:04:45 EST