People with epilepsy appear to have a much higher risk of drowning compared to people without epilepsy, according to a study published in the Aug. 19, 2008, issue of Neurology, the medical journal of the American Academy of Neurology. Previous studies have shown a higher risk most likely due to seizures but this study is one of the first to show exactly how high the risk may be.
- Epilepsy linked to higher risk of drowningMon, 18 Aug 2008, 17:14:49 EDT
- Failure to take seizure drugs linked to increased risk of deathThu, 19 Jun 2008, 4:08:18 EDT
- Soldiers with brain injuries at higher risk of epilepsy decades laterMon, 19 Jul 2010, 16:39:05 EDT
- Epilepsy drug may increase risk of birth defectsMon, 21 Jul 2008, 17:07:43 EDT
- Epilepsy drug may increase risk of autism in childrenMon, 1 Dec 2008, 16:50:13 EST