Bladder problems may leave a mark on the brain, by changing patterns of brain activity, possibly contributing to disrupted sleep and problems with attention. For one in six Americans who have overactive bladder, the involuntary bladder contractions that often trigger more frequent urges to urinate, such mind-body connections may be of more than academic interest.
- Findings on bladder-brain link may point to better treatments for problems in sleep, attentionTue, 29 Jul 2008, 14:15:13 EDT
- Patients unaware of link between smoking and bladder cancerTue, 8 Jul 2008, 14:14:46 EDT
- Botox injections can significantly improve quality of life for people with overactive bladdersTue, 9 Jun 2009, 9:51:06 EDT
- AUA 2008: Current regenerative medical techniques hold great promise for bladder regenerationThu, 15 May 2008, 8:21:46 EDT
- New discovery raises doubts about current bladder treatmentWed, 25 Mar 2009, 14:46:43 EDT