Researchers compared 60 heart failure outpatients to 30 outpatients with advanced cancer being treated at Johns Hopkins Hospital or Bayview Medical Center. Researchers found that heart failure outpatients suffer many of the same symptoms as advanced cancer patients and may need the same level of supportive or palliative care.
- Heart failure patients may suffer similarly to advanced cancer patientsFri, 2 May 2008, 11:28:48 EDT
- Heart failure care improved by performance intervention at outpatient cardiology practicesMon, 26 Jul 2010, 16:30:20 EDT
- Key guideline-recommended therapies improve survival for heart failure patients Mon, 4 Apr 2011, 16:39:42 EDT
- Cardiac devices and advanced heart failure: Are we selecting the wrong patients?Fri, 6 Jun 2008, 18:21:42 EDT
- Atrial fibrillation linked to increased hospitalization in heart failure patientsMon, 6 Jul 2009, 13:44:19 EDT