Despite significant efforts to improve access to safe water and sanitation, a new report argues that much more needs to be done. A major survey in Kazakhstan found that, despite meeting the UN definition of what constitutes safe water, a large number of people reported suffering from illnesses like hepatitis and gastroenteritis.
- Safe water? Lessons from KazakhstanWed, 30 Apr 2008, 14:58:37 EDT
- Water should be a human rightTue, 30 Jun 2009, 7:31:34 EDT
- Sandia security experts help Kazakhstan safely transport, store Soviet-era bomb materialsThu, 10 Feb 2011, 14:37:55 EST
- OU WaTER Center researchers providing solutions in developing countriesWed, 19 May 2010, 16:16:39 EDT
- Biological sand filters, a practical approach to combat poverty and inequalityWed, 24 Sep 2008, 15:42:48 EDT