Scientists from the Kavli Institute of Nanoscience at Delft University of Technology have discovered a key element in the mechanism of DNA repair. When the DNA double helix breaks, the broken end goes searching for the similar sequence and uses that as a template for repair.
- A needle in a haystack: How does a broken DNA molecule get repaired?Thu, 3 May 2012, 15:14:40 EDT
- Real-time observation of the DNA-repair mechanismThu, 22 May 2008, 14:22:11 EDT
- Protein researchers unravel the molecular dance of DNA repairThu, 15 Mar 2012, 15:33:30 EDT
- Controllable double quantum dots and Klein tunneling in nanotubesThu, 14 May 2009, 10:35:58 EDT
- MIT researchers create new self-assembling photovoltaic technology that repairs itselfSun, 5 Sep 2010, 13:43:53 EDT