Scientists have discovered proof that the evolution of intelligence and larger brain sizes can be driven by cooperation and teamwork, shedding new light on the origins of what it means to be human. The study appears online in the journal Proceedings of the Royal Society B and was led by scientists at Trinity College Dublin: PhD student, Luke McNally and Assistant Professor Dr Andrew Jackson at the School of Natural Sciences in collaboration with Dr Sam Brown of the University of Edinburgh.
- Scientists show how social interaction and teamwork lead to human intelligenceThu, 19 Apr 2012, 14:36:02 EDT
- Origins of human teamwork found in chimpanzeesTue, 19 Mar 2013, 4:50:50 EDT
- Scientists at UCSB discover 600 million-year-old origins of visionThu, 11 Mar 2010, 15:45:08 EST
- Caltech neuroscientists find brain system behind general intelligenceMon, 22 Feb 2010, 15:39:18 EST
- ASU genetics research sheds light on evolution of the human dietThu, 12 Feb 2009, 15:44:00 EST