The less trains weigh, the more economical they are to run. A new material capable of withstanding even extreme stresses has now been developed. It is suitable for a variety of applications, not least diesel engine housings on trains - and it makes these components over 35 percent lighter than their steel and aluminum counterparts.
- Wheel in a corsetTue, 28 Sep 2010, 14:23:57 EDT
- New material mimics bone to create better biomedical implantsTue, 16 Feb 2010, 11:13:12 EST
- UW tackles neglected realm of training for science professors in trainingThu, 27 Nov 2008, 14:36:45 EST
- Building fit minds under stressTue, 16 Feb 2010, 10:24:21 EST
- The AVE pollutes 29 percent less than traditional trainsTue, 14 Dec 2010, 10:04:09 EST