Researchers at the University of Notre Dame and Pennsylvania State University have announced breakthroughs in the development of tunneling field effect transistors (TFETs), a semiconductor technology that takes advantage of the quirky behavior of electrons at the quantum level.
- Evidence of macroscopic quantum tunneling detected in nanowiresWed, 27 May 2009, 14:08:58 EDT
- Texas A&M professor helps develop first high-temp spin-field-effect transistorThu, 23 Dec 2010, 15:02:13 EST
- Controlling quantum tunneling with lightThu, 5 Apr 2012, 15:37:33 EDT
- High-speed signal mixer demonstrates capabilities of transistor laserThu, 19 Mar 2009, 13:55:51 EDT
- Controllable double quantum dots and Klein tunneling in nanotubesThu, 14 May 2009, 10:35:58 EDT