"Rainy days and Mondays" is the song that the residents of the northern Philippines do not want to hear if it involves the approaching Tropical Storm Songda. The Carpenters song was a hit, but a hit from Songda is making residents of the Philippines nervous as NASA's Aqua satellite has been watching the progression and intensification of the storm over the last several days.
- NASA sees Tropical Storm Songda singing of rain and gusty winds for the PhilippinesWed, 25 May 2011, 10:35:30 EDT
- NASA's TRMM satellite sees a well-organized, major Typhoon SongdaWed, 25 May 2011, 17:38:26 EDT
- NASA's infrared satellite imagery shows a stronger Typhoon SongdaWed, 25 May 2011, 10:35:42 EDT
- Philippines breathing easier as Typhoon Lupit turns northFri, 23 Oct 2009, 16:38:02 EDT
- NASA sees Tropical Storm Nock-ten knocking the PhilippinesWed, 27 Jul 2011, 11:05:46 EDT