Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 12:31 in Biology & Nature
In two new studies, researchers provide the first detailed view of the elaborate chemical and mechanical interactions that allow the ribosome the cell's protein-building machinery to insert a growing protein into the cellular membrane.
- Researchers get a first look at the mechanics of membrane proteinsSun, 17 Apr 2011, 13:32:37 EDT
- A chaperone system guides tail-anchored membrane proteins to their destined membraneTue, 5 Jul 2011, 11:35:07 EDT
- Scientists obtain clearer view of how eye lens proteins are sortedTue, 3 Nov 2009, 14:16:26 EST
- Three-part handoff delivers proteins to membrane surfaceWed, 24 Aug 2011, 14:35:32 EDT
- Mechanism of sculpting the plasma membrane of intestinal cells identifiedMon, 1 Aug 2011, 16:34:58 EDT