Monday, February 14, 2011 - 18:00 in Psychology & Sociology
Women prefer female service providers in situations where they might fall prey to stereotypes about their math and science abilities, according to a new study in the Journal of Consumer Research.
- Not actually bad at math or auto repair? Women fear being stereotyped by male service providersMon, 14 Feb 2011, 17:34:52 EST
- Elementary school women teachers transfer their fear of doing math to girlsMon, 25 Jan 2010, 15:33:16 EST
- 'Women worse at math than men' explanation scientifically incorrect, MU researchers sayWed, 18 Jan 2012, 14:33:29 EST
- Female students just as successful as males in math and science, Asian-Americans outperform allSat, 30 Mar 2013, 14:32:40 EDT
- U of M researcher discovers stereotypes can deter consumer purchasesWed, 23 Feb 2011, 13:11:31 EST