Moderate to severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) may be an auto-immunity problem, according to researchers in Spain, who studied the presence of auto-antibodies in patients with COPD and compared them to levels of control subjects. They found that a significant number of patients with COPD had significant levels of auto-antibodies circulating in their blood, about 5 to 10 times the level in controls.
- COPD could be a problem with autoimmunityFri, 19 Nov 2010, 13:34:07 EST
- Severe COPD may lead to cognitive impairmentTue, 7 Jul 2009, 12:17:57 EDT
- Patients with COPD have higher risk of shinglesTue, 22 Feb 2011, 13:22:30 EST
- 'Walking distance' test an accurate indicator of disease severity in patients with COPDSun, 15 May 2011, 17:32:55 EDT
- New tool to predict the risk of death in COPD may help physicians to individualize treatmentSat, 29 Aug 2009, 1:33:07 EDT