Cyber attacks of various sorts have been around for decades. The most recent, and very dangerous, escalation in the past few years has been marked by countries launching attacks against other nations, such as Stuxnet, the nuclear plant-disrupting worm the Iranians have blamed on Israel and the U.S., while others are pointing the finger at Russia.
- Cyberwars: Already underway with no Geneva Conventions to guide themThu, 14 Oct 2010, 12:34:55 EDT
- 'What if?' scenario: Cyberwar between US and China in 2020Wed, 23 Mar 2011, 10:05:25 EDT
- Argonne develops program for cyber security 'neighborhood watch'Thu, 16 Jul 2009, 16:15:28 EDT
- US must focus on protecting critical computer networks from cyber attack, RAND study findsThu, 8 Oct 2009, 12:17:31 EDT
- A new way to attack pathogensThu, 10 Feb 2011, 17:34:20 EST