The northwestern Pacific Ocean is just as active as the Atlantic Ocean this hurricane season. The fourteenth tropical depression formed near Hainan Island, China this morning and its birth was captured by a NASA infrared satellite instrument. The NASA image showed the depression's strong thunderstorms near its center and east of its center.
- NASA AIRS Satellite instrument sees Tropical Depression 14W formTue, 5 Oct 2010, 17:34:50 EDT
- Tropical Depression 02W forms in northwestern PacificMon, 22 Mar 2010, 18:11:08 EDT
- Tropical Depression 2-E forms in the Eastern Pacific, number 3 may followWed, 16 Jun 2010, 17:04:11 EDT
- Infrared NASA image shows strong convection in new Atlantic Depression 9Wed, 1 Sep 2010, 15:08:44 EDT
- NASA infrared imagery sees tropical depression 14 becomes 12th tropical storm: LisaTue, 21 Sep 2010, 15:36:28 EDT