Despite the many cosmetic products, surgical treatments, food supplements, and drugs designed specifically to reverse the biological effects of aging in humans, long-lived aspen clones aren't so lucky. Researchers at the University of British Columbia have shown that as long-lived male aspen clones age, their sexual performance declines.
- Can clonal plants live forever?Tue, 17 Aug 2010, 17:23:30 EDT
- Texas-sized tract of single-celled clonesWed, 11 Mar 2009, 14:36:31 EDT
- U-M scientists remove thousands of aspens to glimpse forest's futureFri, 23 May 2008, 10:07:46 EDT
- Long-term use of anti-anxiety drugs continues in B.C. despite known health risks: UBC studyThu, 20 May 2010, 1:10:28 EDT
- Western aspen trees commonly carry extra set of chromosomesThu, 1 Nov 2012, 10:06:02 EDT