Friday, April 23, 2010 - 13:01 in Earth & Climate
Weather systems that become tropical cyclones go through a couple of names before they mature, just like people with nicknames. Such is the case with Cyclone 24S in the Southern Indian Ocean that was just renamed Tropical Storm Sean.
- Cyclone 24S now all grown up and renamed Tropical Storm SeanFri, 23 Apr 2010, 13:04:38 EDT
- Tropical Cyclone Phet threatens the Indian and Pakistani coastlinesTue, 1 Jun 2010, 18:11:20 EDT
- 91S becomes Tropical Cyclone 24S as NASA's TRMM captures its rainfallThu, 22 Apr 2010, 19:12:48 EDT
- NASA's Terra satellite spots Tropical Cyclone Anja, the first of the southern seasonMon, 16 Nov 2009, 16:15:21 EST
- Cyclone Laila, formerly Tropical Storm 1B, is headed for landfall in IndiaWed, 19 May 2010, 15:19:42 EDT