Contrary to the TV sitcom where the wife experiencing strong labor pains screams at her husband to stay away from her, women rarely give birth alone. There are typically doctors, nurses and husbands in hospital delivery rooms, and sometimes even other relatives and friends. Midwives often are called on to help with births at home.
- Anthropologist's studies of childbirth bring new focus on women in evolutionTue, 17 Feb 2009, 17:28:51 EST
- NIH study finds women spend longer in labor now than 50 years agoSat, 31 Mar 2012, 23:33:49 EDT
- Study reveals conflict between doctors, midwives over homebirthMon, 11 May 2009, 15:43:34 EDT
- Husband's employment status threatens marriage, but wife's does not, study findsMon, 20 Jun 2011, 21:35:18 EDT
- Women in India abused by husbands at far greater risk for HIV infectionTue, 12 Aug 2008, 16:49:42 EDT