Veterans with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) are more likely to have metabolic syndrome than veterans without PTSD, according to a study led by Pia Heppner, Ph.D., psychologist with the University of California, San Diego School of Medicine and Veterans Affairs of San Diego, VA Center of Excellence for Stress and Mental Health (CESAMH). The study will be published online January 8 by the journal BMC Medicine.
- Metabolic syndrome a risk for veterans with PTSDThu, 8 Jan 2009, 5:28:46 EST
- Metabolic syndrome risk for veterans with PTSDThu, 8 Jan 2009, 5:28:50 EST
- Post-traumatic stress disorder linked to death, atherosclerosis in veteransWed, 17 Nov 2010, 10:36:25 EST
- Whether combat or peacekeeping, PTSD impacts veterans' well-beingWed, 1 Oct 2008, 15:28:38 EDT
- Pivotal study finds link between PTSD and dementiaThu, 2 Sep 2010, 0:29:56 EDT