The vacancy sign is on, but the lowlifes who check in never check out. Scientists at the University of Florida and the University of New Mexico have created tiny microscopic spheres that trap and kill harmful bacteria in a manner the scientists liken to "roach motels" snaring and killing cockroaches.
- Scientists build 'roach motel' for nasty bugs of the bacterial varietyMon, 24 Nov 2008, 15:42:49 EST
- Too much technology may be killing beneficial bacteriaWed, 30 Apr 2008, 14:57:59 EDT
- Roaches inspire roboticsMon, 7 Feb 2011, 11:04:50 EST
- New microscopy technique offers close-up, real-time view of cellular phenomenaSun, 14 Mar 2010, 14:30:30 EDT
- Clean results: University of Michigan researchers learn how bleach kills bacteriaThu, 13 Nov 2008, 12:23:47 EST