Recently, zinc oxide (ZnO) nanowires have drawn major interest because of their semiconducting nature and unique optical and piezoelectric properties. Various applications for ZnO nanowires have been conceived, including the next generation of field effect transistors, light emitting diodes, sensors and resonators. ZnO nanowires are also envisioned as nanogenerators by exploiting the coupling of semiconducting and piezoelectric properties.
- Piezoelectric nanowires allow electrical signals to be produced from mechanical actionsTue, 26 Jul 2011, 11:03:34 EDT
- Researchers use improved nanogenerators to power sensors based on zinc oxide nanowiresSun, 28 Mar 2010, 13:22:28 EDT
- Researchers create new class of piezoelectric logic devices using zinc oxide nanowiresThu, 2 Sep 2010, 8:43:29 EDT
- Nanowires exhibit giant piezoelectricityThu, 27 Jan 2011, 22:34:16 EST
- Understanding mechanical properties of silicon nanowires paves way for nanodevicesWed, 11 Nov 2009, 14:30:36 EST