Wednesday, October 1, 2008 - 12:56 in Astronomy & Space
Using a powerful radio telescope to peer into the early universe, a team of California astronomers has obtained the first direct measurement of a nascent galaxy's magnetic field as it appeared 6.5 billion years ago.
- First detection of magnetic field in distant galaxy produces a surpriseWed, 1 Oct 2008, 13:22:28 EDT
- Young galaxy's magnetism surprises astronomersWed, 1 Oct 2008, 13:22:31 EDT
- Hubble sees magnetic monster in erupting galaxyWed, 20 Aug 2008, 13:29:26 EDT
- Scientists chart high-precision map of Milky Way's magnetic fieldsFri, 3 Feb 2012, 15:35:37 EST
- Astronomers identify most distant galaxy clusterWed, 12 Jan 2011, 17:01:38 EST