A team from the French Food Safety Agency, Lyon, France, has identified a prion protein characteristic that is unique to some natural but unusual sheep scrapie cases. This finding, reported August 29th in the open-access journal PLoS Pathogens, may provide a novel method by which to study prion diversity and their possible changes during cross-species transmission.
- A novel approach in the molecular differentiation of prion strainsFri, 29 Aug 2008, 5:56:36 EDT
- Is there more to prion protein than mad cow disease?Mon, 29 Sep 2008, 19:28:30 EDT
- Infectious, test tube-produced prions can jump the 'species barrier'Thu, 4 Sep 2008, 12:28:42 EDT
- Sequence and structure key to prion disease transmissionMon, 14 Jun 2010, 13:11:31 EDT
- Prions play powerful role in the survival and evolution of wild yeast strainsWed, 15 Feb 2012, 16:38:14 EST