On your marks, get set... go to lane 1? Researchers at the University of Alberta in Edmonton studying the connection between loud sounds and reaction time are reporting findings that may have sprinters thinking twice about lane assignments at the upcoming Olympics.
- Sprinters closest to starter pistol have advantage over those farther away, says studyWed, 18 Jun 2008, 10:22:44 EDT
- Short heels make elite sprinters super speedyFri, 30 Oct 2009, 5:29:43 EDT
- False starts can sneak by in women's sprintingThu, 20 Oct 2011, 2:35:03 EDT
- Breaking news: Study revives Olympic prospects for amputee sprinterFri, 16 May 2008, 10:35:34 EDT
- Longer toes, unique ankle structure aid sprintersTue, 3 Nov 2009, 15:59:00 EST