The humble earthworm, famously acknowledged by Charles Darwin when he wrote "It may be doubted whether there are many other animals... which have played so important a part in the history of the world", provides a new sensitive and detailed picture of what is going on in our contaminated soil ecosystems.
- Earthworm detectives provide genetic clues for dealing with soil pollutionTue, 3 Jun 2008, 8:14:34 EDT
- Opening a can of worms: Serendipitous discovery reveals earthworms more diverse than first thoughtFri, 10 Oct 2008, 6:08:25 EDT
- Earthworm activity can alter forests' carbon-carrying capabilitiesMon, 27 Oct 2008, 14:49:57 EDT
- Spreading antibiotics in the soil affects microbial ecosystemsSun, 29 Mar 2009, 21:43:50 EDT
- Less trouble at mill, thanks to earthwormsThu, 16 Jul 2009, 10:25:02 EDT