Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 13:42 in Earth & Climate
(AP) -- The Interior Department has decided to protect the polar bear as a threatened species because of the decline in Arctic sea ice from global warming, officials said Wednesday.
- Federal polar bear research critically flawed, says study in INFORMS journalThu, 8 May 2008, 14:22:11 EDT
- Polar bears: On thin ice? Extinction can be averted, scientists sayWed, 15 Dec 2010, 15:32:44 EST
- Ancestry of polar bears traced to IrelandThu, 7 Jul 2011, 12:37:59 EDT
- With climate changes, polar bear and brown bear lineages intertwineThu, 7 Jul 2011, 12:37:49 EDT
- Study reveals how Arctic food webs affect mercury in polar bearsTue, 8 Dec 2009, 17:28:49 EST