It was hard to understand how a graphene sheet -- a featureless, flat sheet of carbon atoms -- lying on an equally featureless iridium surface, somehow converted itself into a kind of muffin tin that formed "muffins" made from newly arrived iridium atoms. The muffins were equally spaced and of equal size.
- Sugar and slice make graphene real niceThu, 11 Nov 2010, 11:24:36 EST
- Scientists prove graphene's edge structure affects electronic propertiesSun, 15 Feb 2009, 13:31:02 EST
- Graphene is a tunable plasmonic medium Wed, 20 Jun 2012, 15:06:49 EDT
- Spring 'blockbuster' movie now showingTue, 31 Mar 2009, 15:08:17 EDT
- Penn engineers envision 2-dimensional graphene metamaterials and 1-atom-thick optical devicesThu, 9 Jun 2011, 15:36:14 EDT