In the sandy desert grasslands of Namibia in southern Africa, mysterious bare spots known as "fairy circles" will form and then disappear years later for no reason anyone can determine. A new look at these strange patterns doesn't solve the wistful mystery but at least reveals that the largest of the circles can linger for a lifetime.
- Solved: The mystery of the nanoscale crop circlesFri, 2 Mar 2012, 12:36:35 EST
- Walking in circlesThu, 20 Aug 2009, 12:38:05 EDT
- Mysterious disappearance of explorer Everett Ruess solved after 75 yearsThu, 30 Apr 2009, 14:04:17 EDT
- Study finds circle hooks lower catch rate for offshore anglersWed, 28 Mar 2012, 16:35:28 EDT
- Desert ants smell their way homeThu, 26 Feb 2009, 19:22:02 EST