Wednesday, July 2, 2008 - 18:07 in Earth & Climate
A new climate model estimates that by 2100 high temperatures for once-in-a-generation heat waves will rise twice as fast as everyday average temperatures.
- Mercury rising: Greater L.A. to heat up an average 4 to 5 degrees by mid-centurySat, 23 Jun 2012, 12:04:17 EDT
- Those dog days of August: 3 times the heat by 2050?Wed, 19 Aug 2009, 18:57:29 EDT
- Increased destruction of bird populations are predicted with rise in global temperaturesThu, 5 Aug 2010, 13:37:24 EDT
- Tropical lizards can't take the heat of climate warmingTue, 3 Mar 2009, 19:43:00 EST
- Earth's hot past could be prologue to future climateThu, 13 Jan 2011, 14:53:25 EST