But belated vaccinations could help combat a possible second wave of H1N1, federal health officials say. Even with the government reducing its estimates for upcoming vaccine supplies and some researchers predicting that pandemic H1N1 influenza infections are peaking this week, federal health authorities have been emphasizing the unpredictability of flu viruses in general.
- NIH-funded scientists find 2009 H1N1 pandemic influenza vaccine protects mice from 1918 flu virusTue, 15 Jun 2010, 11:53:52 EDT
- Vaccinations should continue as influenza pandemics epidemics waneMon, 4 Oct 2010, 23:44:23 EDT
- H1N1 pandemic points to vaccine strategy for multiple flu strainsMon, 10 Jan 2011, 9:32:06 EST
- Early results: In children, 2009 H1N1 influenza vaccine works like seasonal flu vaccineMon, 21 Sep 2009, 11:24:18 EDT
- What next for the 2009 H1N1 influenza pandemic?Tue, 28 Sep 2010, 12:36:14 EDT