Sunday, April 22, 2012 - 19:30 in Earth & Climate
A group of more than 2,000 scientists from 67 countries has called for a moratorium on commercial fishing in the Arctic until more research can be completed on waters that were once covered by ice year-round.
- NASA's Operation IceBridge data brings new twist to sea ice forecastingWed, 19 Dec 2012, 18:34:05 EST
- Why fish don't freeze in the Arctic OceanWed, 25 Aug 2010, 11:08:36 EDT
- Expert: Seven-year moratorium on Gulf oil drilling an unwise decisionMon, 13 Dec 2010, 16:02:47 EST
- IPY follow-up requires year-round research on Arctic and global warmingThu, 10 Sep 2009, 14:30:06 EDT
- UCSB scientists capture clues to sustainability of fish populations Thu, 27 Sep 2012, 16:38:08 EDT