It has long been hypothesized that Type 2 diabetes in lean people is more "genetically driven." A new study has for the first time demonstrated that lean Type 2 diabetes patients have a larger genetic disposition to the disease than their obese counterparts. The study has also identified a new genetic factor associated only with lean diabetes sufferers.
- International study identifies 12 new genetic risk factors for type 2 diabetesMon, 28 Jun 2010, 10:09:34 EDT
- 'Jumping gene' diminishes the effect of a new type 2 diabetes risk geneFri, 3 Jul 2009, 3:09:05 EDT
- Scientists discover new genetic variation that contributes to diabetesSun, 6 Sep 2009, 13:39:23 EDT
- Recombination hotspot stacks the DNA deck in finding a new diabetes susceptibility geneWed, 3 Nov 2010, 18:33:28 EDT
- Researchers continue to find genes for type 1 diabetesTue, 14 Oct 2008, 12:22:45 EDT