Friday, May 4, 2012 - 17:20 in Health & Medicine
Results of a new study demonstrate the feasibility of a novel strategy in drug discovery: screening large numbers of existing drugs — often already approved for other uses — to see which ones activate genes that boost natural immunity.
- Novel strategy stymies SARS et al.Fri, 28 Oct 2011, 15:36:20 EDT
- New drug screening identifies chemical agents with potent anti-cancer activityThu, 5 Jan 2012, 11:35:38 EST
- Discovery finds cancer drugs offer new hope for Crohn's disease and sarcoidosisTue, 30 Nov 2010, 18:34:15 EST
- Fighting drug-resistant flu virusesWed, 15 Jul 2009, 10:57:01 EDT
- U of M researchers identify 2 FDA approved drugs that may fight HIVFri, 20 Aug 2010, 15:23:04 EDT