Thursday, May 3, 2012 - 22:30 in Health & Medicine
Women who smoke and carry specific variations in the genes that impact their metabolism are at higher risk of developing hot flashes in comparison with smokers who do not carry these gene variants, according to a recent study.
- Does a gene variant make women more prone to alcoholism?Tue, 8 Jul 2008, 10:07:34 EDT
- Gene variations linked to lung cancer susceptibility in Asian women Sun, 11 Nov 2012, 19:32:24 EST
- Bad mix: Heavy beer drinking and a gene variant increases gastric cancer risk Mon, 4 Apr 2011, 11:35:39 EDT
- Second genetic link to weight and obesitySun, 4 May 2008, 13:35:15 EDT
- Study shows gene variations may predict risk of breast cancer in womenFri, 2 May 2008, 12:14:10 EDT