Medical researchers have devised a technique for testing the consequence of variant human gene alleles (alternative sequences of a single gene) by moving them into yeast cells. Once swapped into yeast, colony growth can be compared to reveal functional differences.
- Diet may treat some gene mutationsMon, 9 Apr 2012, 12:34:50 EDT
- Scientists rise to the challenge of identifying and comparing yeast genomesTue, 21 Jun 2011, 18:31:54 EDT
- A yeast cancer model for mapping cancer genesTue, 28 Jul 2009, 4:20:28 EDT
- RNA interference found in budding yeastsFri, 11 Sep 2009, 9:25:11 EDT
- Innovative screening method identifies possible new treatment for fatal childhood diseaseMon, 18 Apr 2011, 10:35:16 EDT