PCBs, or polychlorinated biphenyls, launch a cellular chain of events that leads to an overabundance of dendrites -- the filament-like projections that conduct electrochemical signals between neurons -- and disrupts normal patterns of neuronal connections in the brain, new research shows.
- Scientists show how a neuron gets its shapeFri, 3 Apr 2009, 11:23:03 EDT
- Neurons found to be similar to Electoral CollegeMon, 14 Sep 2009, 17:30:24 EDT
- Rewrite the textbooksThu, 17 Feb 2011, 18:23:06 EST
- Learning causes structural changes in affected neuronsThu, 3 Feb 2011, 14:43:25 EST
- Scientists discover a molecular scaffold that guides connections between brain cellsTue, 20 May 2008, 17:56:44 EDT