New evidence points to a hormone that leaves muscles gobbling up sugar as if they can't get enough. That factor, which can be coaxed out of fat stem cells, could lead to a new treatment to lower blood sugar and improve metabolism, according to a new report.
- Gut hormone has 'remote control' on blood sugarWed, 5 Aug 2009, 13:01:38 EDT
- Apelin hormone injections powerfully lower blood sugarTue, 4 Nov 2008, 12:50:19 EST
- Having heart surgery? Watch your blood sugar, especially if you're overweight or olderSat, 7 Jun 2008, 13:28:24 EDT
- Regulating the sugar factory in diabetesThu, 21 May 2009, 9:29:08 EDT
- Just drop it: The one-size-fits-all approach to blood sugar control, that isThu, 29 Jul 2010, 17:23:15 EDT