Monday, March 19, 2012 - 21:30 in Biology & Nature
New research helps to better understand the blood clotting process. Researchers were able to determine the molecular 3-D structure of a protein in blood platelets and a receptor that sticks through the membrane of the cell to the outside.
- Team solves decades-old molecular mystery linked to blood clottingTue, 31 May 2011, 19:40:18 EDT
- Control of blood clotting by platelets described; provides medical promiseTue, 24 Nov 2009, 6:43:22 EST
- Blood clotting finding may lead to new treatmentsWed, 10 Feb 2010, 20:37:00 EST
- Penn researchers show that protein unfolding is key for understanding blood clot mechanicsThu, 6 Aug 2009, 14:33:59 EDT
- How life-threatening blood clots take holdThu, 16 Apr 2009, 12:50:47 EDT