Saturday, February 11, 2012 - 12:31 in Health & Medicine
Researchers have found that the risk of obstetric intervention is lower for women who deliver or intend to deliver outside of hospitals, but there are some higher risks for newborns intended for home births compared to hospital births.
- Depression during pregnancy increases risk for preterm birth and low birth weightMon, 4 Oct 2010, 16:41:16 EDT
- Increased risk of prematurity and low birth weight in babies born after 3 or more abortionsWed, 29 Aug 2012, 21:06:23 EDT
- Planned home births associated with tripling of neonatal mortality rate vs. planned hospital birthsThu, 1 Jul 2010, 0:37:03 EDT
- Planned home birth with registered midwife as safe as hospital birthMon, 31 Aug 2009, 13:31:52 EDT
- Women with endometriosis need special care during pregnancy to avoid risk of premature birthWed, 1 Jul 2009, 8:57:03 EDT