Throughout life, DNA repair mechanisms go to work during exposure (UV radiation, etc.) in order to protect the human genetic code. This role is assured by the NER complex. Scientists have just shown that NER's role goes well beyond repairing DNA: it regulates transcription, the first stage for all processes necessary for life.
- Safeguarding genome integrity through extraordinary DNA repairTue, 19 Apr 2011, 11:23:50 EDT
- Human DNA repair process recorded in actionThu, 29 Jan 2009, 10:43:49 EST
- Protein complex key in avoiding DNA repair mistakes, cancerWed, 5 Aug 2009, 0:35:53 EDT
- Researchers discover architecture for fundamental processes of lifeTue, 13 May 2008, 10:39:02 EDT
- DNA repair protein caught in act of molecular theftWed, 10 Nov 2010, 13:36:47 EST