Scientists have created a range of structural metallic-glass composites, based in titanium, that are lighter and less expensive than any the group had previously created, while still maintaining their toughness and ductility -- the ability to be deformed without breaking.
- Caltech scientists create titanium-based structural metallic-glass compositesFri, 19 Dec 2008, 14:08:01 EST
- Strong, tough and now cheap: Caltech researchers develop a new way to process metallic glassThu, 12 May 2011, 17:23:58 EDT
- In probing mysteries of glass, researchers find a key to toughnessTue, 26 Feb 2013, 12:32:38 EST
- A new kind of blast-resistant glassThu, 9 Dec 2010, 17:34:15 EST
- Caltech-led team creates damage-tolerant metallic glassWed, 12 Jan 2011, 14:48:51 EST