New technology will enable extremely detailed images to be made of the smallest structures of the human body. The aim is to detect the risk or commencement of an illness at a very early stage in heart, brain and cancer research. This will be the only magnetic resonance tomograph of the modern 7 tesla generation in the world, in which a metrology institute is also involved.
- Extremely exact images from inside the bodyFri, 12 Sep 2008, 11:09:21 EDT
- Whole-body MRI may help detect suspected child abuseFri, 20 Aug 2010, 13:29:10 EDT
- Medical imaging breakthrough uses light and sound to see microscopic details inside our bodiesMon, 22 Nov 2010, 11:12:02 EST
- NIST/NIH micromagnets show promise as colorful 'smart tags' for magnetic resonance imagingWed, 18 Jun 2008, 13:49:37 EDT
- MRI spots DCIS in miceWed, 1 Oct 2008, 10:14:45 EDT