About 30 million people around the world have grown legally blind due to retinal diseases. The EPI-RET project has sought for a technical solution for the past twelve years to help these patients. This work has resulted in a unique system -- a fully implantable visual prosthesis.
- MIT retinal implant could help restore some visionWed, 23 Sep 2009, 17:25:59 EDT
- Caltech scientists create robot surrogate for blind persons in testing visual prosthesesMon, 19 Oct 2009, 15:29:15 EDT
- European Urology February issue: Implantation of erectile prosthesis is complicatedTue, 19 Jan 2010, 17:11:15 EST
- Montreal Heart Institute performs its first implant of new prosthesis for cardiac arrhythmiaMon, 30 Nov 2009, 15:24:06 EST
- Experimental treatments restore partial vision to blind peopleTue, 20 Oct 2009, 15:44:58 EDT