Evidence from Siberian caves suggests that a global temperature rise of 1.5 degrees Celsius could see permanently frozen ground thaw over a large area of Siberia, threatening release of carbon from soils, and damage to natural and human environments.
- Caves point to thawing of SiberiaThu, 21 Feb 2013, 15:34:26 EST
- Abrupt permafrost thaw increases climate threatWed, 30 Nov 2011, 17:34:58 EST
- Biologists: Greening Arctic not likely to offset permafrost carbon releaseWed, 27 May 2009, 13:45:11 EDT
- Bad sign for global warming: Thawing permafrost holds vast carbon poolWed, 3 Sep 2008, 11:09:11 EDT
- New knowledge about permafrost improving climate modelsSun, 28 Jul 2013, 14:31:50 EDT