NTT and three partners- Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation, Fujikura Ltd., Hokkaido University, and Technical University of Denmark—demonstrated ultra-large capacity transmission of 1 petabit (1000 terabit) per second over a 52.4 km length of 12-core (light paths) optical fiber.
- New kind of optical fiber developedTue, 1 Mar 2011, 12:39:29 EST
- New kind of optical fiber developedFri, 25 Feb 2011, 12:35:12 EST
- Silicon optical fiber made practicalTue, 28 Oct 2008, 7:22:10 EDT
- First electronic optical fibers with hydrogenated amorphous silicon are developedTue, 13 Dec 2011, 16:06:32 EST
- Graphene-based optical modulators poised to break speed limits in digital communicationsFri, 2 Mar 2012, 16:33:36 EST