Colorado's High Park Fire continues to expand and generate a lot of smoke visible on NASA satellite imagery. NASA's Terra satellite showed winds from the west-southwest blowing the smoke to the north-northeast and into Wyoming and southwestern Nebraska on June 19, 2012.
- NASA satellite sees several western US fires blazingMon, 25 Jun 2012, 13:04:23 EDT
- NASA's Terra sees ash plume pulled to the northeast by a lowTue, 18 May 2010, 16:34:09 EDT
- NASA sees Hurricane Beatriz 'wink' on the Mexican coastTue, 21 Jun 2011, 16:36:25 EDT
- NASA satellites see Tropical Storm Muifa taking up the Yellow SeaMon, 8 Aug 2011, 13:35:37 EDT
- Time is ripe for fire detection satellite, say UC Berkeley scientistsTue, 22 Oct 2013, 12:05:24 EDT